Saturday, May 06, 2006

Let's try to walk to Butler!

So, last night my roommate and I went to Ruth's Chris for dinner, and ate way too much because we had a gift card for it. When we got home and were talking about how we thought we might develop stretch marks from the one meal, we decided to take a walk to feel a little better. After deciding to go through the next neighborhood rather than our neighborhood because it would be more walking, my roommate said "Let's try to walk to school." Now, it's 8:44 p.m. and I respond with "That would be great! Let's do it!" It's only 3 and a half miles, but still, it gets dark early and it isn't the nicest area to walk through. But we did it, and arrived at her boyfriend's to ask him to drive us home because at that point it was 9:30 and walking back was not an option. Random walk=great fun!

Today was fun too. I went rollerblading with my new friend, and we decided to go until the trail ended, even though we had no idea if that meant we would end up in Kentucky. It ended up being about 13 miles, in gorgeous weather, and wonderful company. The best part is...I GOT TO GET A SNOW CONE AFTER IT! Near the place that we started is a snow cone place, and I begged and pleaded for about a half a second to convince him to get one with me when we were done. It was the highlight of my day. (I know, I'm pathetic, snow cones are simple things and shouldn't make me that happy) I love having this new person to do stuff with, I just wish he would be sticking around gosh darnit.

Today's stats:
Exercise: Rollerblading
Distance: about 13 miles
Time: no idea, but beginning at about 3 p.m.
Sunny, cloudless, and blue :)
Temperature: 63 degrees
Humidity: 34%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: difficult
Pressure: 30.03 in and steady

This + good company + a snow cone= one of the best workouts ever!

No comments: