Monday, October 30, 2006

Could it get any better?

Seriously...while I felt like February was the worst month I could ever endure, I feel like October has been one of the best months ever. My sister came for a weekend, one of my best friends came for a weekend, and I just spent the weekend in my favorite place doing little more than taking pictures with Flat Stanley, eating, and sitting on my friend's couch watching Grey's Anatomy. The Flat Stanley adventure was awesome...only another education major could get so excited about it. The food was the BEST ever! We went to my favorite pizza place and ate an entire medium pizza, had Wendy's french fries for dinner, ate a huge hamburger, and the delicious food just goes on and on...The best part of this past weekend was that it required little to no work, and we were both perfectly content with that. Everything is just going so well that I'm worried about graduating and moving on with my life because it will just throw everything out of wack.

I really am posting because I finally had the time to run AND post. Winter is coming quickly, and that makes me really sad, but today was what I expect to be the last fall day left, so I ran into my apartment to change and then go run. Because I don't believe in running in this neighborhood at night because of the darkness that might make me fall in a hole, I had a short run, but it was still fairly fantastic!

Stats for today:
Exercise: Running/Walking
Distance: 2.5 miles
Time: 5:15 pm, 31 minutes, 22 seconds
Temperature: 66 degrees
Humidity: 37% (WOW!)
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: from the S at 10 mph
Pressure: 29.83 and falling

3 comments:

Runner Girl FL said...

I am very glad you had a good October!! If your going to have a great month October would be my pick!!

Natalie said...

You deserve to have a fantastic month. Graduating is scary, but the changes that come with it will be so exciting. And the out-of-whack feeling is only temporary and totally worth it. I had a good life going for me in Minnesota. And then we moved and I never thought I could be this happy. Of course the people make all the difference.

I feel like a moron. What's a Flat Stanley?

Big Feet said...

RG-I agree that October is an excellent month to have a fantastic month!

MB-Thanks for the encouragement. Flat Stanley is a character from a book. He gets squashed under a bulletin board and ends up being four feet tall, a foot wide, and an inch thick, so he can go on tons of adventures. There is a whole series of books about him. A common elementary school project is to send a cut out of him to friends, have them take a picture with him, and then have them send the pic back and map where he has gone.