Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm not sure which story to pick...

I had the goal of writing a short blip about my favorite part of each day but lately I've either been too tired or not had something interesting enough to write more than a sentence fragment about. Today I have two, and I can't choose which one I like better, so here are both:

First, today my mom called me earlier than usual, so I got a slight bit concerned. After exchanging the "hey mom, what's up? are you ok?" questioning she started her conversation and what she wanted to tell me with "So, I was talking to two morticians today..." She went on to tell me that they were people that I remotely knew and that they were telling her about someone I do know having a newborn, but still... I was talking to two morticians today?!?! Who else other than my mom starts a conversation, not a joke, with that?

Then, later on I was grading papers and on the question "Name some people who are in your generation" I got some interesting answers. Some answered correctly with things like "my sister" or "my brother" (which, in my town could get quite confusing when your mom is your uncle's mom too) but there were many wrong answers. I had a lot answer with pioneers, but my two favorite answers were Africans and my hamster. Creative kids. Creative.

Other great things from today:
I got my objectives changed on my board. GO ME!
I finished my lesson plans for this week before lunch.
I successfully changed my students' names today.
I graded social studies books and PROBE notebooks!
I had dinner and Sunni Sky's with two of my favorite people.

I guess overall, it was a productive day. Go me!

No comments: