Tuesday, May 16, 2006

"That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run..

"So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going." --Forrest Gump

This kind of sums up how my run was today, except on a much larger scale. Today, I didn't feel like running, but then I just decided to go. I thought "I'll just run to that corner by the church, and if I'm feeling okay there, I'll run to the subdivision opening." I got to the corner and decided that I HAD to go to the subdivision entrance, and then to the next subdivision, and then to the next road, and the next road, and the next road...until I got home. Now, I generally run for about 15 or 20 minutes and then walk the rest of the hour, but today since I ran for 30 minutes straight after not planning on going at all, I didn't make myself walk. That and because I have developed blisters on my heels. I know running 2.12 miles is not necessarily amazing, but it's the first time I've surpassed the two mile mark, and I'm darn proud of it! :)

Stats for the day:
Exercise: Running only :)
Distance: 2.12 miles
Time: 6:30 pm, about 25 minutes
Raining and yucky
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: weather.com says 82%, but isn't it 100% if it's raining?
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: calm
Pressure: 29.86 in and rising

YAY for over 2 miles!

No comments: