Thursday, May 04, 2006

Let's think of it as "at least we get to know each other for a week..."

"rather than wondering why we didn't get to know each other longer ago." That's what we're going to do. Basically, I met a really cool person who is eager to run, and incredibly willing to rollerblade, and we have all of, oh, 6 days to do it. While I have not been keeping this updated, I have been rollerblading or running each day, and that should be impressive on it's own.

Monday, the roomie and I went rollerblading around our neighborhood. It's hard to get any speed on the local roads, and hard to get into a rhythm, but we get out and go, and that's all that matters.

Tuesday new friend and I ran. We ran for 20 minutes and then filled the rest of the hour with walking. We walked fast and talked, and it was super enjoyable.

Most notably, though, was last night's rollerblade excursion. I had a rough day at school, and almost backed out of our meeting to go, but we went, and it was the most amazing experience I have ever had rollerblading. I got to choose the speed, so we went fast on a trail that you have to stop on about once a mile, and we went a total of 9 miles in 45 minutes. The best part, though, was that as we were finishing, it was nearing dark and the environment was beautiful. Pink sky, trees beginning to be engulfed in darkness, and the breeze of both the air and the breeze we were creating. If I could, I would freeze that moment in time and go back and relive it frequently. Oh, and the person I was with agreed that Mallards are the best type of duck. YAY!

That's the end for my update. Seriously, I'm going to get better at this...

No comments: