Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The air is just so much thinner here...

Today, I went on a walk, and didn't even attempt to run. I have now transplanted myself from home, about 120 feet above sea level, to western NY, 1308 feet above sea level. While it isn't too dramatic, like when I went up a volcano last week, it does make a difference. To ease into my new home, I decided on a 2.6 mile walk, which was a bit of work on it's own. This mostly came from the fact that I came from flat home, to the foothills of mountains, so the hills are a lot of work. I did it though, and that's all that counts. Maybe tomorrow I'll run a block...Maybe two if you're lucky :)

Oh, and while I was walking, there was a lady carrying a sled. C'mon lady...It's JUNE!

Exercise: Walking
Distance: 2.6 miles
Time: 1:00 p.m. 50 minutes, 25 seconds
Temperature: 72
Humidity: 60%
Visibility: 9.0 miles
Wind: from the WSW at 10 mph
Pressure: 30.11 and rising

I guess here is the time to list my goals also...I have two, hopefully I'll achieve at least one, but preferably both of them.

1. To run in the Old First Night Run. I've walked every other year, and it's just 2.6 miles. I can do it. Maybe.

2. To walk the perimeter distance 4 or so times a week. My neighbor is coming soon, so this should become a much easier task because it's what we do to escape all of the listening ears of our families when we need to rant.

Simple goals...right?

No comments: