Saturday, June 24, 2006

So what I'm a slacker?

So, I'm already on the downhill slide of keeping up my goals...yesterday, I was almost on my way to put on my running clothes and shoes, when my Uncle walked in and said "I'm going fishing, do you want to come?" And seeing as how he had just begun teaching me how to fly fish, I really wanted to go. So did. It was fun, and I caught a bunch of fish, and let them all go. I feel kind of bad fishing, but it is really fun.

Today, I had to work, and I feel like it's okay that I didn't run because I treaded water for 45 minutes putting up docks. I also hit my head on a dock, and now have a big lump on it.

Every year, when I get up here, I can not ride my bike up the hill from work (It's a steep hill, something you'd never see at home, and I have a bike that's from the 1940s or so, so it's not that bad that I can't do it). This year, though, I've been able to ride up the hill from the first try, and it's not even too much of a struggle. I guess my running has really helped my legs some, or something.

Tonight I will probably walk around the perimeter with one of my bestest friends, so maybe I won't be too much of a failure...

1 comment:

Runner Girl FL said...

Well you are already seeing the benefits on the bike!! YEA!! You know it is supposed to be sorta down time up there so if things aren't as ridged I'm sure it's fine. Not to mention when you first get someplace you have to get into a schedule.