Saturday, June 03, 2006

It's hot and windy...

I decided to begin moving again today, and when I looked outside I realized that there was a fierce wind, and for rollerblading, that's not so good. I realized that the direction it was blowing was going to make for a difficult roll in rather than out, and I don't like that so much. After postulating for a while, I finally decided that since the ABC house was at almost the opposite end that I usually begin at, I would start there, roll the 1.5 miles to the end with the wind to my back, then go the 4.5 miles with the headwind, and then finish up with the 3 mile tail wind. It was really really hard. At least I made the decision to not have the headwind the whole way back in. Oh, and it doesn't help that I decied to go at 11.

As I was going, I said to another blader "the wind going this way is ridiculuous" and she said "oh, great." When I passed her again, going the opposite way, she said "I'm glad I listened to you, this is crazy wind."

Also, while stopped at a cross road, some idiot decided it would be fun to honk at me, and honked right as the horn was passing my ear. I still haven't recovered from the hearing loss.

Stats for the day:
Exercise: Rollerblading
Distance: 9 miles
Time: 10:37 pm, about 70 minutes
Temperature: 86 degrees
Humidity: 45%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: from the SW at 11 mph
Pressure: 29.93 and falling

2 comments:

Runner Girl FL said...

You got it from Natalie!! ;) Just kidding. Hope you and your grandmother are feeling better!!

Natalie said...

I've heard this virus is all over the country. But you probably did get it from me. I hope you fight it off.

What are you thinking rollerblading at 11 a.m. in June in Florida?!