Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I.HATE.SQUIRRELS.

I should not be writing this this early. I should not be writing this this early. I hate squirrels. I used to think that squirrels were cute and cuddley and loved them. Until there was a squirrel outside my door this morning at 5:55, BARKING! Seriously, it was barking. I thought that it was my uncle doing something with his bike, so walked out on to the balcony to yell at him, when I saw the squirrel barking. The funny thing is that my neighbor had obviously rolled out of bed also to fling his curtains open and see what was going on. I pointed and said "It's a barking squirrel" and he said "Dumb Squirrel" just like the guy says "silly fairy" at the end of the Dodge Caliber commercial. I tried to go back to bed, but the squirrel continued to bark, so I had to get up. I was bored so went for a run, and I'm back from it before my watch alarm for waking me up today even went off. At least it was productive for me to get out. But still, squirrels should not bark. Period.

Yesterday, I went to a "stretch and tone" class. It was really good for me because I told the lady that I only signed up for a week of it because I was worried that it wouldn't be hard enough. Because I said that, she specifically pointed out things to me that I could do to make it harder. Tomorrow I might stand in the back because I feel bad being able to do more than the old ladies in my class. But it was fun, and I signed up for the rest of the time I'm here. WOO!

P.S. Today I started my watch earlier than usual to time my run, and I started running closer to my house than usual, and got to the mile mark in about 11 and a half minutes. I ran the rest of the minute to make it 12, which got me to the point where I had ended sprinting the last time, and sprinted out a block. YAY for progress!

Today:
Exercise: Run/Walk
Distance: 2.6 Miles
Time: 7 am, 37 minutes and 34 seconds
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 80%
Visibility: 4 miles
Wind: From the SW at 5 mph
Pressure: 30.02 and rising

4 comments:

Runner Girl FL said...

I didn't know squirrels could bark!! A stretching and toning class sounds great right about now!! Yea for progress!! And the sprints!!

Big Feet said...

Squirrels can and do bark...and now there's a special pile of rocks on my balcony for when another barking squirrel tries to keep me awake. Dumb squirrels...

Natalie said...

Squirrels can be psycho. The class actually sounds really fun. I love my group book which is full of older ladies. They have the best sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my adventure sports site.
Have a great day!